InstallEx is committed to providing and maintaining a workplace free of bullying. InstallEx considers workplace bullying to be unacceptable and will not tolerate it under any circumstance.
Workplace bullying is aggressive behaviours that intimidates, humiliates and/or undermines a person or group.Bullying can include the following types of behaviour:
- Verbal abuse (eg: being sworn at, threats, insults, continual criticism, name calling, practical jokes).
- Direct violence including physical assault and harassment
- Abusive emails
- Threatening body language
- Unreasonable demands, unnecessary pressure, impossible deadlines
- Unreasonably undermining work performance, deliberately withholding work related information or resources, or supply of incorrect information
- Inappropriate interference with personal belongings or work equipment.
InstallEx believes that employees and contractors should be able to work in an environment free of bullying.
Disciplinary action will be taken against anyone who has bullied another co-worker up to and including termination of the contract for a Contractor.
InstallEx values the diversity of our workforce and respects differences between employees and contractors. We recognise that each person has individual talents and skills to bring to their position and believe that all employees are entitled to work in an environment free from unwanted harassment of any kind.
It is against company policy and a breach of equal opportunity laws to harass an employee because of their sex, race, pregnancy, marital status, disability, age or sexual preference. Harassment will also occur if it is based on perception that a person has one of those attributes, even if they don’t, in fact, have that attribute.
Harassment by employees or contractors will not be tolerated by InstallEx. If, after an investigation, it is found that harassment has taken place by a contractor, disciplinary action will be taken, up to and including termination of the Contract. Serious cases of harassment involving assault may also constitute a crime.